Healthy Tip: Drink More Water
Drinking water is one of the easiest ways to improve your health and even manage your weight but unfortunately most people are not drinking enough every day. Drinking water is crucial to your health and maintaining the function of every system in your body, including your heart, brain and muscles. Water carries nutrients to the cells in your body and flushes out toxins. When you are not properly hydrated you can be more susceptible to sickness, disease, weight gain, and even premature aging!
So instead of reaching for that juice, pop, coffee, or energy drink grab a tall glass of water! Easier said than done, I know. So here are some tips to help you drink more water.
1. Add flavor to your water: fruit in water can add delicious flavor. Get creative, maybe strawberry & blueberry or lime & cucumber!
2. Drink water at every bathroom break
3. Drink a glass before every meal
4. Use an app to track your water intake
5. Dilute your usual go to sugary beverage with water.
What tricks have helped you drink more water? I challenge you to replace 3 drinks per day with water. Imagine what that would feel like after a week!
P.s. This post made me thirsty, cheers!